Tuesday 17 February 2009

Events of the past weeks - part 2

I know i said i want to kill lots and lots of birds in my last post about what happen during the past few weeks. But, unfortunately i was not in the best hunter mood.. so now, i shall pick up from where i left.=)

NUMBER 2: snow in Cardiff. 2/2/2009

Woohoo, snow snow snow..I think i should count myself really blessed.
I could still recall some of my english housemates comments during my first year, "whoa, you really wish for snow don't you? Ok, will pray and wait with you." then " Gillian! You are so lucky, you know this is your first year and you get to see it. Its not every year you get to see snow, you know."

And now looking back, the Lord had been good to me and let me see snow for a continuous 4 years here in UK. Though not every year was heavy, but, hey they are still SNOW! Snow that i dont get back in malaysia and can only be seen in drama like winter sonata. So VERY the precious u know..lol..

Anyway, after much dissapointments after a series of cold snaps in UK this year, the snow finally paid Cardiff a visit on 2nd of FEB. Can still remember how excited i was. If not for my tiredness that night due to lab works, i would have went out and played. Instead, i just took shower and put on my most comfy pyjamas, then sat in front of the window and watched the snowy scene outside. At the same time, i remembered calling home and said, "mommy and daddy, i am so happy now..*giggles*..because it snows outside!" Lol. I think my parents must have shaken their head and thought "this girl still havent grown up!" haha



colum road

However, still wishing to go and play with snow, i managed that night to arrange a "date" with several people in the morning. But, unfortunately one look outside in the morning, the snow already looked kind of melted! Dissapointed, i reluctantly got back to bed, wide awake.

But later all thanks to Kenneth who called "Gillian! Hey, bute park very beautiful you know, still very white and got lots and lots of snow! Come and join us!" And thats when i decided to wake up LM and TLO and got ready to go and have fun. Frankly i felt tired then but excitement got the better of me.=)




The 3 pharmies were all ready in their winter gears.. Look at TLo, love her "innocent just woke up look" with pink stuffs to BITS! And the background of sunrise is so beautiful! Tell me how often can we went OUT and took photos at 8AM?!=D



On the way to bute park, LM and i kept forgetting our destination and played!


Look closely at the tree. The one tree that was still green among all the 'botak' tree. ~salute~



Cute dog with coat. so obedient somemore, when the master said stop from afar, he just stopped there without moving. Kind of reminds me to be like that with God^-^



*Awwwww*


1 comment:

TLo said...

Thx for waking us up! It's worth it :)